Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bobkeenan
Contributing MemberPosts: 686Gear list
Like?
What is your "other" compact camera?
11 months ago

I have a Canon 5D MK III with lots of lenses.  I am a slave to this equipment.  I have a nice backpack that carries lenses for wide, macro, walk around, and Larger zoom shots.  But its heavy and if I am in a social situation I am always asking people to hold up a second while I pull the bag around, swap lenses, and then put the bag back on. ALOT of the time the "moment" is lost.  I could carry two cameras but that just starts to get ridiculous.

So.... I don't want to get rid of my expensive camera toys but I think, in the future.  I will mostly bring all my gear for when I am on my own or if everyone knows that one of the main purposes of our get together is for photography.

So for all the other situations i still would like to have a little camera that will fit in my pocket ( I have large pockets.)   Its been a while since I had a point and shoot so I am behind in the "what's best" these days.

So I am curious..... for you other big camera owners..... what kind of point and shoot do you also carry.   Note that I still what high quality images, with low light, zoom, and maybe raw capability.

-- hide signature --
 bobkeenan's gear list:bobkeenan's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
G1XNew
SX50New
S95New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow