Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?

Started Jul 31, 2013 | Questions thread
manaskarekar
Regular MemberPosts: 151Gear list
Like?
Re: Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?
In reply to NancyP, Aug 1, 2013

NancyP wrote:

The pain-in-the-ass slow SPP tends to make me somewhat more deliberate in setting up shots now, so I have no battery problems as long as I have a charged spare. The DP2M is like "slow food" enjoyed in a leisurely fashion, a pleasant change from my "run and gun" bird photography.

-- hide signature --

NancyP

That is good to know. I am used to the slow food approach as I'm used to shooting with the Canon TS-E 24 II lens. Believe it or not I bought the Sigma because the TS-E requires much more deliberation and the DP is an easier to setup and use camera.

Yes, I said it. I upgraded to the DP2M for ease of use.

I love my 6D + TS-E 24II to death and I know the DP won't be able to give me infinite focus that I achieve with Tilt, not will it give me 40MP stitches as easily, but I will be able to hike much more with the DP2M and can get away with something like a gorillapod instead of a big tripod.

manaskarekar's gear list:manaskarekar's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-M1 Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow