Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?

Started Jul 31, 2013 | Questions thread
manaskarekar
Regular MemberPosts: 172Gear list
Like?
Re: Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?
In reply to mike earussi, Aug 1, 2013

mike earussi wrote:

There's always something "new and improved" coming out just around the corner, and there always will be. If you keep waiting for the next iteration you'll never buy anything.

As true as that always is, if you are waiting within a reasonable period with an expectation of reasonable features, waiting isn't too bad.

For example, I'm not waiting for a vague 'better DPM or the latest and greatest', I was waiting for a DP M with improved battery life, which was a borderline deal killer for me. I don't think there's anything wrong with waiting if you have some minimum requirements that may be fulfilled in the next iteration.

Eventually, my gear lust took over and I bought one anyway, but the whole argument that 'there will always be something better and there is no point waiting' falls flat when you know the features you absolutely need are around the corner and it's a 'want' purchase, not a 'need' one.

That is exactly what led me to ask the question, if there were any rumors floating about of an impending update to the DP M's. And given how technology progresses, I have a good amount of faith that the battery life will be improved in the next iteration along with (hopefully) a lot of other things.

That said, I am super excited and can't wait to receive the camera.

manaskarekar's gear list:manaskarekar's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-M1 Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow