The new Nexus 7

Started Jul 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ken Gosden
Contributing MemberPosts: 848Gear list
Like?
Re: The new Nexus 7
In reply to Jeff Peterman, Aug 1, 2013

Jeff Peterman wrote:

I connect a USB CF card reader to the USB port of the tablet (or my cell phone via an OTG adapter) and copy the photos from the CF card to the microSD card inserted into the tablet (or phone).

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman, Moderator 7D and Phone/Tablet forums.
Not a staff member, or paid employee, of DPReview.
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com

Jeff,

I understand your solution.  However, my comment was specific to the Nexus 7 and Kingston Mobilelite hub and the goal of copying my CF cards to either a harddrive or a flash drive.  Both devices only offer a single USB port.  So I would need to use a powered USB hub, not a great back woods option, or a double transfer process; CF to SD, then SD to HD.  One I have not bothered to try is using a CF reader on the Nexus and transferring to the Kingston via WiFi.  I have not test this since I assume the transfer would be fairly slow.  I could potentially switch to SD media in my E-5 or use the dual slots to copy in the camera from CF to SD.

Ken Gosden's gear list:Ken Gosden's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow