Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?

Started Jul 31, 2013 | Questions thread
manaskarekar
Forum MemberPosts: 72Gear list
Like?
Re: Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?
In reply to maxotics, 11 months ago

L Tippett wrote:

You will not be disappointed the DP2 Merrill has exceptional IQ and there isn't much out there to touch it in that respect.

Look forward in seeing some of your images in the near future.

Kind regards Lea.

Thank you Lea, I can't wait to have it in my hands.

maxotics wrote:

I'm still using a dp1 and I have a dp2s. Certainly, I want a Merrill, but only for better speed, ergonomics, etc. For what I do, posting images on flickr, print a 5x7 ocassionally, I can't see EVER outgrowing these cameras, IQ wise. Unless you're printing large photos, I can't see you ever outgrowing that camera either. Also, when the new ones come out, you can get the dp1 or 3 the new flavor. You'll want that more than upgrading the 2. Yep, you'll be good for life!

That is excellent to know. The reason I was tempted to hold back was so I could get the next iteration which should be better in terms of not just image quality/sorted out niggles but mostly improved battery life!

That said, I'm planning to purchase a huge battery pack and the SAC-5 adapter.

I'm excited!

manaskarekar's gear list:manaskarekar's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow