What computer to easily process D800 files?

Started Jul 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
wireless
Regular MemberPosts: 456Gear list
Like?
Re: What computer to easily process D800 files?
In reply to PhotoKaz, Aug 1, 2013

PhotoKaz wrote:

wireless wrote:

[...] Well worth the it even though it feels kind of dated to buy a desktop/tower these days. Works though.

-David

Dated? How so? If you don't need do take your computer with you then a desktop is a much better option. [...]

That's the problem, a desktop is not portable.  With a laptop, docking station, monitor and keyboard you have in essence a portable desktop.  Laptops are very powerful now.  Many hi-tech companies solely use them in the docking station configuration.

You made need 7 drives but that's a special case.   I don't need to keep more than a couple TB directly on my computer.  The rest can go on external drive and NAS or even cloud based.  Many of the big names in photography use them, Kelby, Timi Grey, Scott's sidekick Kowsloski (sp) and others.  I don't care to edit on a laptop screen but it's nice to be able to pull a laptop off a docking station and go.  Since I don't need to travel with my personal laptop that much my daughter has it now. 

regards, David

wireless's gear list:wireless's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow