Started Aug 1, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mikhail Tal
Regular MemberPosts: 281
Like?
Upgrade E-PL5 to GX7?
Aug 1, 2013

I have an E-PL5 and looked through the GX7 specs, assuming I can get $400 for the E-PL5 body only, it would cost me $600 to upgrade. I would gain an EVF that tilts, a better sensor, an extra control wheel, more and better-designed buttons, a pop-up flash, focus peaking, and a better LCD. The grip looks a little better and the camera overall is slightly larger and more professional-looking. There would also likely be auto-correction of distortion, CA, and other optical defects.

One thing I would lose is the ability to tilt the screen up 180 degrees and down about 50 degrees. I would also (possibly) lose touch focus and touch shutter.

Am I missing anything significant from either list? There is also of course the potential E-M6 to consider. Right now my only lenses are the Oly 14-42mm II R and the 40-150mm R, the next ones on my list are the Samyang 7.5mm fisheye and the Oly 45mm. I'm also somewhat interested in the bodycap lens but not sure if it works on Panasonic cameras.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus PEN E-PL5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow