The new Nexus 7

Started Jul 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ken Gosden
Contributing MemberPosts: 797Gear list
Like?
Re: The new Nexus 7
In reply to Jeff Peterman, Jul 31, 2013

Jeff Peterman wrote:

As far as a micro SD slot goes I personally fail to see the need. You have essentially unlimited storage online available to anyone.

I travel a lot, and MANY times I don't have access to the Web (such as on an 8 hour flight) but still want access to my movies/music etc. Also, if I want to backup photos from my camera, uploading 16 GB of photos over WiFi can take a while - transferring by USB to a microSD card is MUCH faster.

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman, Moderator 7D and Phone/Tablet forums.
Not a staff member, or paid employee, of DPReview.
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com

Certainly don't want to be uploading over 3/4G on a data plan either.  I use my tablet when I am out in wilderness areas or even in the low population north Georgia mountains and can be out of coverage for days at a time.  I am content to use the options to manage my media through a variety of USB or WiFi based drives.  Certainly a built in SD slot would help, but I tend to use CF cards in my DSLR so I would still have some challenges.

Ken Gosden's gear list:Ken Gosden's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow