What computer to easily process D800 files?

Started Jul 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
PhotoKaz
Regular MemberPosts: 310Gear list
Like?
Re: What computer to easily process D800 files?
In reply to hajagosb, Jul 31, 2013

hajagosb wrote:

Thanks, this is something i was looking into. I was thinking to save on the video card, as I'm not planning to run games on it. But I hope an entry level Ati or Nvidia with 2 gigs should do it.

My experience index is 6.7, because of the gfx. All the other numbers are around 7.5

I think my score on the video card was 5.9, everything else was basically pinned.  The video card I picked would be considered entry level, maybe mid-tier for gaming.  I haven't played video games for years so I don't really care.   However, the improvement in performance was instantly noticeable.  I'm happy overall, can't really see it getting any faster at this point as most operations are basically instant.  Of course, import and 1:1 rendering still takes some time, but for that I can just walk away and have a sandwich.  I only care about how fast things work while I'm actually editing photos.

-- hide signature --
 PhotoKaz's gear list:PhotoKaz's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow