Started Jul 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Frank
Regular MemberPosts: 332Gear list
Like?
Re: edge of frame
In reply to Paul Liukas, Jul 31, 2013

Paul Liukas wrote:

simonkit1 wrote:

I'm currently looking to buy the D800 and am trawling through the online reviews and forums to try and decide on a good lens line-up for landscapes, so far I think this probably will work best for me.

D800 body

New 18-35 AFS-G

85mm F1.8G

I was originally thinking of the 16-35F4 and did give thought to the 24-70F2.8 but both are very heavy/bulky and the idea of carrying them around mountains isn't a good one. The 18-35 seems to have at least equal IQ to the 16-35, maybe even sharper corners, and it's lightweight and compact size seems ideal.

I did also consider the 50mm F1.8G too but I think the gap between 35mm and 50mm is too small so have crossed it off my list, would appreciate peoples thoughts on this line-up?

Thanks

Simon

-- hide signature --

My landscape photography website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
Visit my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk

Would you consider primes? I use Zeiss 25 f2, it's cheaper that Nikon 24, light and small enough, for lanscape MF is nice. Not long user of zeiss, but happy with a result. Here is picture from last trip to Austria:

-- hide signature --

After long buying, testing, selling journey, final destination: D800E + Zeiss 25 f2 (landscape) + Sigma 35 f1.4 (general) + Zeiss 50 f2 (general, food) + Nikon 85 f1.8G (portrait) + Zeiss 100 f2 (food, landscape)

Its interesting that the photo appears sharp edge to edge. The photozone review does not rate this lens very high on edge sharpness and for that  reason  I did not buy it.

Frank's gear list:Frank's gear list
Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow