Started Jul 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
herebefore
Senior MemberPosts: 3,284
Like?
Musings of a long time 4/3 user
Jul 31, 2013

This was also posted in the M4/3 forum a short while ago.

I've been shooting 99.9% (by actual count) of all my photography with Olympus 4/3 cameras since 2006. (the other 10th of a percent goes to my Canon DSLRs (3 cameras)).

I have, (or had) the following E-1/300/500/330/510/520/620 and a Panasonic L-1. I have 2 of the E-1 and 2 of the 620.

I have always been pleased with the shots I get with these cameras (note, I didn't say "thrilled" but "pleased", thrilled is a sometimes thing.)

I still have all of the cameras except the E-500, and I still shoot with them.

I hope against hope that a new DSLR with an OVF is in the future, and that I can afford it when it comes...

I also have a few M4/3 cameras (EPL1/EP3/G1/G3).

I like the M4/3 system BUT I dont think of it as a "replacement" for a DSLR (not even close).

I dont NEED a new camera, as I have retired from Pro-work, Im just getting too old and tired to do the work I did.

It is my personal opinion that the E-620 is probably the best thing ever done by Olympus for the shooter that wants a small/lightweight body camera. I have certainly gotten some stunning shots with mine, and I was surprised to see just how well it could shoot ISO 800 and 1600 if proper exposure is used.

So I'm hoping for a DSLR with a new sensor, and new IBIS, hoping for small and lite, and hoping I can afford it...

In the meantime, I can still shoot with all the stuff I own, and be pleased, and sometimes thrilled the the results.

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut
Be Careful, sleep can be a symptom of caffeine deprivation
I figured out why I cant lose weight! The only exercise Im good at is CHEWING
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does
In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
Oscar Wilde

Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-620
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow