Started Jul 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
seilerbird666
Senior MemberPosts: 1,101
Like?
Re: The new Nexus 7
In reply to Coolsiggy, Jul 31, 2013

Coolsiggy wrote:

Jeff

I just wish manufacturers would support Android upgrades better..., I guess that could impact on new sales?

Oh no, it has absolutely nothing to do with impacting sales. Every manufacturer gets the update from Google and then has to add their own interface on top of it such as Samsung's TouchQiz. Then the update and the new interface have to be tested on every model they wish to upgrade. That is expensive so they only update the latest and hottest phones since they are the only ones selling. And this process takes several months.

I have a Nexus 4 phone and a Nexus 7 tablet. Both of them were upgraded from 4.2.2 to 4.3 within a few days of the announcement. Google can do that because they don't add some stupid clunky interface on top so what you get is pure Android without the interface and all the crapware. And the Nexus 4 is unlocked and dirt cheap compared to the other top of the line phones.

As far as a micro SD slot goes I personally fail to see the need. You have essentially unlimited storage online available to anyone. I don't need to have more that 32 gigs stored locally.

-- hide signature --

My photos:
picasaweb.google.com/seilerbird

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow