What computer to easily process D800 files?

Started Jul 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
MTWewerka
Regular MemberPosts: 144Gear list
Like?
Re: What computer to easily process D800 files?
In reply to moogle73, Jul 31, 2013

I guess I'll be the obligatory Mac guy, but I'm using a Mid-2012 15-inch MacBook Pro with a quad-core i7 and 16GB of RAM. HDD means jack unless you fall under 50GB of free space. In which case you should have already backed up your photos (and or files) and made more room. I run with a 750GB HDD and an external.

I have had zero issues with MacBook Pro's working with big files. Aside from photography, I'm a graphic designer, so I'm used to deal with massive files (some well over a gig) and my MBP handles them with ease. It's a combination of processor and RAM. If you have an i7 now with 16GB of RAM, then something tells me you have other issues on that machine. I'd wipe it and do a fresh install of Windows 7, screw Windows 8, it's a pile of crap, wait until 8.1 for all the fixes.

Just my two cents.

-- hide signature --
 MTWewerka's gear list:MTWewerka's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow