Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 9,046Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 on the Amalfi Coast
In reply to Joe DeVivo, Jul 30, 2013

Joe DeVivo wrote:

Great shots Ray!

Thanks!

Do you think you would have been happy with only the RX1 on the trip?

Happy? Maybe happy enough - I once only took an X100 on a (shorter) trip and was OK with it. But if I absolutely had to take just one focal length, I'd choose 28mm, so probably the Nikon "A". But I was glad to have a bit more variety. I usually only took one camera out with me at a time. But some days I wanted that to be the RX1, some days I wanted to go really wide so I took the Fuji w/14mm, and somedays I wanted 28mm and to incorporate some street shooting and I'd take the Nikon. So, maybe happy with just the RX1, but not AS happy.

Also, do you have any experience with the OM-D and the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7? If so, how do you think that compares to the RX1?

I have experience with the OMD (had one on the trip with the 75) and with the Pany 20, but not together. It's really good gear (although the 20 slows down the OMD's lightning fast AF - I'd probably go for the new Oly 17 f1.8 instead), but not as nice as the RX1, or X100s for that matter.  Which is why I'm using fixed lens compacts instead of an ILC With a bunch of lenses.

-Ray
--------------------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow