I have a useless brick sitting on my shelf, Sony NEX F3

Started Jul 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Joseph T Lewis III
Senior MemberPosts: 1,519Gear list
Like?
Re: I have a useless brick sitting on my shelf, Sony NEX F3
In reply to Cameranoobie, Jul 30, 2013

Cameranoobie wrote:

$400 down the drain. I bought it from Costco and really should have brought it back before the 90 days. Now its useless cause no one wants it. I turned it out on today for the first time today in over 5 months, deciding if i really want to keep it, I dont think I do cause I like the camera more when its sitting unused than when in use. Its just not a fun camera to use, feels like a chore.

Anyway, Ive had an ad up for my camera for 2 months now, asking $375CDN and no offers. Why does no one want to buy a NEX F3? Any other ways to unload this useless brick without taking too much of a hit?

There is no way to sell it for almost the price of a brand new one, unless you find an incredibly naive (or stupid) buyer.

On the other hand, if you do want to sell it and get on with your life, you can go out to Amazon and see what prices for used F3's in similar condition are.

You can also see what similar condition F3's are selling for on eBay.  Look at Completed / Sold listings for NEX F3's. Weed out those that have two lenses, or the extra cost external flash. Throw out the one or two extremely high prices and the extra-low ones. The range in between is what you should be likely to get for your camera.

Once you see what the camera REALISTICALLY should bring, put it up for sale on Amazon or Craigslist, or list it on eBay.  Set your price at the lower end of the range, not the top.  When you write the ad, be sure that your contempt for the camera does not make its way into the ad, or any communications you might have with prospective buyers.

If you do the above, you will be able to sell the camera.  Conversely, if you persist in wanting the absolute, top dollar and then some for it, the camera will continue to sit on your shelf gathering dust.

-- hide signature --

Tom

Joseph T Lewis III's gear list:Joseph T Lewis III's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow