So a close friend just asked me if I could shoot her wedding...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Elite83
Contributing MemberPosts: 823Gear list
Like?
So a close friend just asked me if I could shoot her wedding...
9 months ago

I was just recently asked by a close friend if I would be willing to shoot her wedding. I did not give an answer yet so i could think it over.

I already told her that I think "It would be best to hire a professional" but she still wants me to do it.

I don't know what else to say now because she says she doesn't really think a professional is necessary, and she's seen my work is likes it.

I'll go ahead and give you the current standings. I only have an NEX-5 with some lower end MF lenses (Rokkor-x 50 1.7, Canon FD 28mm 2.0, and a crappy vivitar 75-300mm). Hilariously enough the only two E-Mounts I own are the kit lens and the 16mm pancake. It is quite evident that my gear is absolute garbage. It works for my shots and makes me happy, but it's far from what is needed to shoot this type of event. But as a college freshman it's all I can afford.

If she still insists on not hiring a professional the only other thing I was thinking to offer is to do it without any compensation; just to be a good friend. That way there is no disappointment or hard feelings because there is no money on her part invested in it.

I could really use some advice here.

-- hide signature --

-Matt

Elite83's gear list:Elite83's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake
Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow