Started Jul 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
veroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,377Gear list
Like?
E-1 color ...
Jul 30, 2013

This isn't an image I'd want to print and frame ... but it does demonstrate one of the best qualities of the E-1.

My wife and I were visiting with friends at their beach home on Long Beach Island, NJ.  I was sitting in one of their very colorful rooms and adjusting the settings on my E-1 when I snapped this test pic.

I didn't think much about until we returned home and I started viewing all of the pics I'd taken that weekend.  What strikes me about this picture is, first of all, that's how the room really looks.  Those are the colors.  That's the very yellow on the walls, the blue of the paneling, etc.

Second, the varying shades of each color ... ie on the walls, in the towels, on the chair, etc. ... are rendered very faithfully.  The differences among them ... subtle or overt ... are quite clear.  The wood coloring, for example, is hardly influenced at all by the strong colors elsewhere in the room.  It's the natural blond of that wood, captured very faithfully by my E-1.  I don't think my Canons would render this room quite as accurately.

-- hide signature --

SteveG
'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie
www.stephenmichaelgarey.com

veroman's gear list:veroman's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 40D Olympus E-1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +3 more
Olympus E-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
reNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow