Started Jul 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Elyharbour
Contributing MemberPosts: 655Gear list
Like?
Mid-range Sony zooms for A57
Jul 30, 2013

Looking at Sony's range of A-series mid range zooms, and wanting a general walk-around lens for travel, it all seems quite confusing.

16-50mm

16-80mm

16-105mm

18-135mm

18-250mm

Does anyone know of a comparative chart or review focusing on performance for these lens? There are lots of comments and reviews on the individual lenses, but it's hard to make comparisons. Mainly interested in sharpness, but really whichever has the best overall balance of IQ at various lengths and F-stops, and no significant weaknesses that limits its use.

For a walk-around lens, I'd probably be happy with 80mm to 135mm at the long end. If the 16-50mm is outstandingly good it could replace the Sigma 18-50 I'm using today, which although excellent through most of its range, is rather soft at 18mm, but I'm really looking for something longer. If the 18-250mm is really good, it could replace my longer range lens as well, but that might be asking for too much!

Elyharbour's gear list:Elyharbour's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X20 Sony SLT-A57 Fujifilm X-E1 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +5 more
Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow