post your keeper lens list with reason?

Started Jul 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
SteveY80
Forum MemberPosts: 81
Like?
Re: post your keeper lens list with reason?
In reply to stan_pustylnik, Jul 30, 2013

Sony DT 18-135 F3.5-5.6 SAM - A compact, lightweight, sharp zoom for when I'm going out for the day and don't want to carry anything else.

Tamron SP 70-300 F4-5.6 Di USD - Reasonably priced, good quality, and not too heavy, for when I need a bit more range.

Tamron SP 90 AF F2.8 - An older model macro lens, cheaper and lighter than most of its current competitors, but capable of great results. This is probably my second most commonly used lens at the moment.

Minolta AF 50 F1.7 - It looks like just about everyone has one of these, but that's understandable considering the low price and what a decent little lens it is. It's very useful when I need to shoot in low light.

Helios 44M 58mm F2.0 - I was given this lens for free, so the only cost was an M42 to A-mount adapter from ebay. I haven't used it as much since buying a 50mm Minolta, but sometimes the Helios' superior manual focussing and unusual image quality/bokeh can be desirable.

Raynox DCR-150 - A clip on macro filter rather than a lens in its own right, but it's something that I almost always carry with me. It turns my 18-135mm zoom into a passable macro lens when I'm travelling light, and allows me to go past 1:1 magnification with my 90mm Tamron.

I'm planning on adding a wider prime at some point, and maybe an F2.8 standard zoom, but at the moment those lenses cover my needs pretty well, and all fit comfortably in my sling bag.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow