Started Jul 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 9,191Gear list
Like?
RX1 on the Amalfi Coast
Jul 29, 2013

I just spent a month on the Amalfi Coast - my wife and I rented apartments for two weeks each in Praiano and Positano. Way more photos of Positano because its a much more interesting town - Praiano's primary asset is its single amazing view from pretty much anywhere, which is represented in a sunset shot, below.

It was an amazing trip, as anyone who's been there can imagine. And I shot myself silly with a few cameras, including the RX1. The most used cameras were the 28mm options (my most natural focal length) with the Nikon Coolpix A (small enough to always be there and an amazingly capable little camera) and a loaner Sigma DP1M, with its insane resolution. Both the RX1 and a Fuji XE1 got quite a bit of use too, at the 35 and 21mm focal lengths. I also had an OMD with the Olympus 75mm lens on it for family candids (a daughter and a mother in law were both with us for chunks of time) and for occasional other light telephoto use, but it rarely left our apartment. I usually only took one camera out at a time, so I was traveling light, at least on a day to day basis. My whole enormous set, using all of the gear, is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/sets/72157634400642801/

And here are some samples from the RX1:

Unfortunately, I had VERY limited internet bandwidth while there, so all of the uploaded files are small and you can't really see the details, but trust me, they're there! A few are pretty heavily processed, because that's what I tend to do - although I go easier on more RX1 shots than most...

Positano from a boat...

Sunset from our deck in Priano - Positano in the right edge of the photo...

View from our deck in Positano - that's Priano on the point sticking out in right portion of shot.

Ravello

Positano in the evening.

Positano evening near the beach...

Day trip to Capri

Capri

More Positano

Positano is built on stairs...

and more steps...

A lot of money in this town as well, but rich or poor, everyone has to climb the same stairs...

Looking up on one of the few mornings with clouds...

And reflecting on our last evening in town over some wine...

... And a beautiful sunset on the beach...

-Ray
--------------------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/

Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma DP1 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow