keep the 7100 and...

Started Jul 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gary Elliott
Regular MemberPosts: 259
Like?
Re: keep the 7100 and...
In reply to Scramblonian, Jul 29, 2013

Ray, for you, it sounds like you've found your next camera.  Will be true for some others as well, but not me.

I shoot sports and that's my passion (not so much my skill).  I stand out in the rain if that's when the game is.  I've gotten better over time and get a lot of positive feedback from families of the players (high school).  I don't make any money, I just love shooting this way.  My D300 has been through a lot and still functions like new.  That's the kind of durability I expect from a D400.  The only D300 non-sports photos I take are occasional vacation shots and random shots now and then. For most of that type of shooting I actually rely on my Sony P&S.

While I believe the D7100 may well end up my next camera, it's only going to be that way if Nikon does not make a D400 - not because I wanted it.  And who knows, maybe a D3s will come my way instead.

I have stopped by my local dealer to try out the D7100 and while it's nice, it strikes me as too small for easy use, I miss some buttons, and maybe it's just me, but I hate paying for video features I'll never use (may be true on the D400 as well).

Enjoy the D7100 and photography in general.  I plan to enjoy the D400 and sports in general

Gary

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow