25mm as single-lens for OM-D?

Started Jul 29, 2013 | Questions thread
atamola
Regular MemberPosts: 152
Like?
Re: 25mm as single-lens for OM-D?
In reply to BHPhotog, Jul 29, 2013
But now the question: is anybody using only one prime on the OM-D or comparable MFT camera?

Almost: E-P3 + 17 f2.8 + 25 f2.8

How is that working out for anyone out there? Problems, benefits of the one-lens kit...

It's working great. I'm leaving home with the E-P3 and one or the other. Just one prime at the time per day.

It's liberating, and puts great pressure on your creativity.

Example: just a few hours ago, on my way home, I stopped at some stairs rigth next to a supermarket. E-P3 + 25m f2.8. The restriction to only 1 focal lenght forced me to find the shot. There was a shot. There is always a shot. I zoom may offer you a quick way out, but that's not what I want. I stayed there for a few minutes, letting the scene reveal itself. The shot I ended up with (no masterpiece for sure) was much better than what I would have ended up with a zoom.

So, from my perspective, there is a great benefit that comes in the form of extra creativity.

Find the focal lenght that suits you (12mm, 17mm, 20mm, 25mm, 45mm), work with that and don't look back. I'm switching back and forth with the 17 and the 25, but I'm leaving with just one lens. The other stays at home.

It's a great way to go.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow