25mm as single-lens for OM-D?

Started Jul 29, 2013 | Questions thread
georgehakim
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Re: 25mm as single-lens for OM-D?
In reply to BHPhotog, Jul 29, 2013

BHPhotog wrote:

I just spent 4 days with the Panasonic/Leica 25mm, comparing/contrasting to my 12-50 OM-D kit lens.

As expected, the IQ of the 25mm is stunningly good; the ability to shoot wide open and soften/blur the background was a revelation; the ability to shoot low light amazing. It is as good as the reports say.

But now the question: is anybody using only one prime on the OM-D or comparable MFT camera?

I accept the greater flexibility of the zoom, and the ideal setup would be a range of primes, but what about a single lens prime setup? This one or another. How is that working out for anyone out there? Problems, benefits of the one-lens kit...

Brian

Although I agree that the 25mm Pany is great and I use it 60% of the time on my OM-D, I can't use it in all situations. That is why I also carry the Pany 14mm and Oly 45mm macro. They are small and fit easily in my pockets. With those three lenses, I cover all my shooting needs. I carry no zoom with this camera.

georgehakim's gear list:georgehakim's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow