25mm as single-lens for OM-D?

Started Jul 29, 2013 | Questions thread
Art_P
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,162Gear list
Like?
I doubt I'd be happy w just one prime.
In reply to BHPhotog, Jul 29, 2013

OK, for my morning walk I may take a single lens, sometimes a prime, to force me to look at things differently. But I'm walking the same rout daily, so if I see something that particular lens doesn't work for I can come back the next day w a different lens.

Again, walking through town at night, a single lens may work, but if I take two, I will use both before the end of the night.

Now on a longer hike, or a trip to someplace I'm not likely to visit frequently, if ever again, I'm going to want to cover the full range... For a hike that would mean wide, tele and macro. For a museum or cathedral it might mean ultra wide and a fast prime or two

But that's just me... some people 'see' in a single focal length or limited range, while I tend to be all over the place.

In 4/3 the 12-60 was my primary lens, but in m43 I don't really have a favorite.  I'll pick up a lens as the mood strikes me, or for what I'm expecting to shoot that day.  For primes I have two- the 45/1.8 and 14/2.5  Eventually will pick up the 17/1.8 which will be a better walk around lens for me than the 14.  For some reason, I don't find 25mm a particularly exciting FL...  maybe too 'normal' for my taste?

-- hide signature --

Art P
"I am a creature of contrast,
of light and shadow.
I live where the two play together,
I thrive on the conflict"

Art_P's gear list:Art_P's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow