Canon’s Testing a 75MP+ Pro DSLR

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
TTMartin
Senior MemberPosts: 5,627Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon’s Testing a 75MP+ Pro DSLR
In reply to mailman88, Jul 29, 2013

To me the biggest advantage to Canon coming out with a high megapixel dSLR, would be that it might reduce the number of Nikon D800 users coming to this forum, trying to convince me, and maybe themselves from their veracity, that the Nikon D800 is the 'gift from God' camera. Perhaps every other discussion here wouldn't turn into a how great the Nikon D800 is, or maybe I'm just dreaming.

Sorry, I wouldn't keep a Nikon D800 even if it were given to me free. I've purchased the cameras that work best for ME. Those cameras are NOT the Nikon D800 and never will be.

I don't feel my photography is limited by either the Dynamic Range or the Resolution of my Canon cameras. I've seen no convincing arguments that I would benefit from moving from Canon.

In fact as a former Nikon user, I'm well aware that the grass is not greener in the Nikon world. Which is why I wonder if those who post here are actually trying to convince themselves as much, as they are trying to convince the Canon users in this forum.

TTMartin's gear list:TTMartin's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
trueNew
Ah!New
Eh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow