android smartphone?

Started Jul 13, 2013 | Questions thread
jfelbab
Senior MemberPosts: 1,784
Like?
Re: android smartphone?
In reply to sean lancaster, Jul 29, 2013

In the FWIW department...

You can find free Wi-Fi at public libraries,Barnes & Nobles, McDonald's, Culvers, and many other fast food spots and most coffee shops, Staples, Home Depot, many supermarkets, airports, universities, most hotels, Kinkos, truck stops, auto dealerships and most chain restaurants. It's really not very hard to find free wifi in the city. On the iPhone you can use an app to help find one. There are a slew of these apps, btw for both iPhone and android, and many offer a dictionary of hotspots along with maps. I like jiwire.

Then there are the open networks. An alarming number of people leave their networks open or set with the default password "password" on their router. I recently did a scan in my area and found 4 completely open networks and two using the default "password".

wifi is getting to be ubiquitous, even in the suburbs and some rural areas. In the not too distant future, free wifi will likely be the norm.

MuniWiFi

http://www.openwifispots.com/guide_free_wifi_wireless_hotspot-zones.aspx

-- hide signature --

Jim
'There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.'
-- Ansel Adams

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow