Started Jul 29, 2013 | Questions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,527Gear list
Like?
Re: just a single lens
In reply to sigala1, Jul 29, 2013

sigala1 wrote:

BHPhotog wrote:

I just spent 4 days with the Panasonic/Leica 25mm, comparing/contrasting to my 12-50 OM-D kit lens.

You will certainly find some people say that they only use one prime lens, but now that I own the 9-18mm m.zuiko lens, I think that is the only lens I want to use for daytime photos.

I think the prime-only guys are foolish if they are using only the prime for situations where wide apertures are not called for.

Foolish? Very funny. How so? Geez, I guess using manual lenses is downright retarded, eh?

What I carry really depends upon what I'm going out to shoot and what else I may be doing. Generally, I'll carry 3 primes, one on the camera, 2 in my bag… SLR Magic 12mm (or the 7-14mm depending on the time of day), Voigtländer 25mm or 35mm and 75mm. It's a compact, light and pretty versatile kit. There's also no ONE, GOOD zoom that will give me the range, light gathering ability or image quality of my 3 little primes.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow