25mm as single-lens for OM-D?

Started Jul 29, 2013 | Questions thread
Peng Bian
Contributing MemberPosts: 580Gear list
Like?
Re: 9-18mm for just a single lens
In reply to sigala1, Jul 29, 2013

Agree with most of the people in this thread. Each lens has a purpose, given the diverse (or not) nature of your shooting, you may be perfectly happy with 1 lens. Say for example I only shoot portraits in a studio setting. I will not need any other lens than the 45 1.8 or 75 1.8. An extreme example to prove a point.

If you are going out hiking, and you tell yourself you will not be shooting any wildlife and concentrate on scenery, why not just bring that 14 2.5 pancake or 12 2.0 and save yourself the burden of carrying more gear.

I like to go out with 1 or 2 prime lenses, giving myself a purpose (and a style) for each trip out the door. Am I going to miss a few shots? Sure, but shooting is also about discipline, and you get a good dose of it when you limit your focal length selection.

Peng Bian's gear list:Peng Bian's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow