Started Jul 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rogerstpierre
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,336Gear list
Like?
Monitor Recommendation
Jul 29, 2013

My old 19in CRT monitor (12 years old) has begun to die on me... , which means that I am forced to move to an LCD/LED monitor for editing photos... (not a good thing), I have no choice, there's nothing else out there nowadays (I am no fan of LCD). Hence begun my search for a decent photo editing LCD/LED monitor. Looked at all the threads in DPR, which only added to my confusion... considering the Dell U2413 (which replaces the U2410), Viewsonic VP2365-LED or ASUS PA248 amongst others. I'd rather have a better 24in than so-so 27in for the same price, and 1200 pixel at the short end seems to be the consensus as the must have, and don't want to break the $600CDN mark. The problem I have, is that all the brands have shown great and not-so-great, even duds within the same model according to many comments, pretty scary and it seems the luck of the draw regardless of brand, many having to return 3-4 times before they got a decent one. I'm leaning toward the Dell (which apparently have good service in Canada, if not good QA ! ), but others are so much less expensive, so wondering if it really is worth the extra $$.

Any opinions experience (good and bad) with recent 24in top models supporting wide color gamut ?

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +16 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow