Started Jul 28, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sdribetahi
Contributing MemberPosts: 819
Like?
MX-1 speed vs. K-01
Jul 28, 2013

I have a k-01, and have been toying with the idea of getting a MX-1 for something small with a zoom for vacation snaps instead of changing primes like I do now and lugging a bag of lenses around. My other choice is to buy something like the 18-135mm for the k-01, but I am not thrilled about the size. Also, my main grip about the k-01 is shutter lag and slow it is to catch focus sometimes. With a toddler, my keeper rate is way lower than I'd like and I am missing precious moments. Anyone have both cameras and can comment on the speed of the MX-1 vs. the k-01?

Also, what's the reality of shallow DOF with people shots with the MX-1? I use a Sigma 30mm f1.4 and 40xs on the K-01, which I love, and I won't get that exact look with the MX-1, but what can I get? I don't want that point and shoot, everything in focus to infinity look, nor do I want to be 2 feet from someone and place trees 100 yards away to get it.

I am keeping the k-01 and lenses either way for other stuff, but after just getting back from vacation with my gear, I am looking for greener grass for travel.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-01 Pentax MX-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow