ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bloke91
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Help choosing a Bridge Camera please
Jul 28, 2013

Hi All

I am not into photography but going on Safari in September, with that in mind I need a decent camera particularly one that will cope with early morning game drives in low light.

Recently being weighing up a DLSR vs a bridge camera and think bridge camera would be the best route to go down.

Below is a short list of bridge cameras I intend to choose from. Just really looking for some advice/assistance from you guys who will be far more knowledgeable than I on photography.

Someone told me to go for a camera that shoots in raw format, I understand why but I am not into photography so I can't see me investing lots of time into editing the pictures afterwards. Appreciate your thoughts?

Sony HX300, Great Battery life, 50x Optical Zoom, 20 Mega pixels, Good ISO Rate of 12800, doesn’t support raw file type and the LCD screen is not moveable. (The LCD screen not being adjustable has put me off this, but apart from that it looks like the highest spec Bridge camera out there, with the best optical zoom)

Canon Power shot SX50, supports raw format, 50x Optical Zoom, 12 Mega Pixels, lcd screen adjustable and only has ISO rate of 6,400. (Only bonus to this camera vs HX300 is the adjustable screen and supporting raw format)

Fujifilm HS50EXR Adjustable lcd flip screen, 40x Optical Zoom, 16 Mega Pixels and Good ISO Rate of 12,800.

Fujifilm SL1000, 50x Optical Zoom, 16 megapixel, no flip out screen, better in low light and Good ISO rate of 12,800.

Nikon Coolpix P520, 18 Mega Pixel, 41 Optical Zoom, main things put me off this is the low ISO rate only 3200.

Would appreciate advice, thoughts on which model would be best for my Safari.

Thanks in advance.

Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 Nikon Coolpix P520 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow