Do you really see THAT much difference in images?

Started Jul 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Extra3rd
Forum MemberPosts: 55Gear list
Like?
Re: Do you really see THAT much difference in images?
In reply to rkhndjr, Jul 28, 2013

I read so much about the IQ with this or that camera and lens that I truly wonder if I am just not seeing the same images at times. It has always seemed to me that an image from any decent camera and lens was good in my estimation, disregarding all the highly technical aspects which are brought up in replies. Is there really that much change between images taken with any camera and lens?? How many look forward to seeing a nice picture without critique of some sort. Do all the equations and talk of the sensors, et cetera lead to a better understanding of how to take a good picture, and is it necessary? Just my thoughts this morning and I hope I did not offend any one. No bad thoughts in my mind, just curious.

-- hide signature --

Russell Smith
Eternity was in that moment.

Photography is pretty straight forward. Light and media sesativity to light will produce a specific depth of field. When you are outside the light is there. The use different equipment is your differentiating part assuming the skill is the same.

You may not need that difference which is fine. If you are taking images for the web I know people who are using a 12 year old Olympus camedia.

Only you can determine if its worth the cost in dollars. One choice over another is not correct vs wrong

Keep shooting and stay calm!

Extra3rd's gear list:Extra3rd's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow