Started Jul 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kansasphotog
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Sometimes you just gotta take a leap of faith and buy into a new system
Jul 28, 2013

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question regarding the NX300 and any working pros out there using this system.

I've shot many brands over the years. Currently, at my day job, I shoot 2 Fuji X-Pro1's and love them and before that I shot a Canon full frame with a bunch of L glass. For years I shot Olympus (E-3 and their wonderful f2 zooms) and actually developed a good working relationship with Oly. All, great companies...all make great products. But, today, I'm now an owner of a NX300 with the 18-55 and the 30mm f2. I'll get some more glass soon...like that 85mm 1.4!

I got to handle the camera and shoot some frames at a local camera store and I've been all over the web looking at any photos/videos available on this camera. What really sold me was two things. One, It just feels "right" in my hand. I'm a firm believer in something that you really can't measure and that's just the feel of a camera in your hand. This camera immediately feels like a part of me. Second, I cannot say enough good things about shots I have seen out of the 30mm f2 pancake!! That lens is simply wonderful. I'm all about working at 35-50mm range and since it's a little bit shorter than a 50 it totally works for me.

I'll start working the NX300 on freelance work and might even pull it out and use it at my "day job" once in awhile...certainly at basketball season.  

http://www.chuckfrance.com

Again, thanks for your input and I look forward to hanging out, talking shop and sharing some photos.  

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Samsung NX300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow