Underwater housing for RX100

Started Aug 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chuck Holst
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Re: changing shutter speed in manual mode
In reply to jagr, Jul 28, 2013

Have you considered using the camera in aperture priority mode, which would allow you to set the aperture using the control ring, and then set the shutter speed using exposure compensation? It's a clumsy workaround, but it would get you where you want to go. Alternately, you could use the camera in shutter priority mode, which would allow you to set the shutter speed using the control ring, and then set the aperture using exposure compensation. Which priority mode you used would depend on which was most important to you, aperture or shutter speed.

My use of the camera and Meikon case may be different from yours. I bought mine for use from a bouncy sea kayak, so I use shutter speed priority and set the aperture using the histogram and exposure compensation. In camp, however, I might switch to aperture priority or program mode.

An alternative to setting custom white balance would be to carry a WB reference card and photograph it every so often as the light changes, then change your WB afterward in Lightroom or whatever your favorite software is using the reference card photos.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow