Need advise for flash to be used on NEX-6

Started Jul 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Austin
Regular MemberPosts: 127Gear list
Like?
Re: Need advise for flash to be used on NEX-6
In reply to pmow, Jul 27, 2013

There seem to be some very nice features on this flash for the off the flash/multiple flash unit photographers.  But for the NEX 6, I would wonder if it is really what you want/need.  I have used several of my Canon flash  units on the NEX 6, and they work in manual mode.  But with the NEX 6, I use the 1.8 Zeiss 24mm with a high ISO for available light  or the built in flash most of the time. I go back to the Canon System if I want multiple Flash units, because I am used to them, and have the units.  I may order one of the Sony HVL-F60M's if I really want to go seriously into flash with the NEX 6 (but the unit is expensive and large).

Be sure and read the series on Sony Alpha Lab NEX 6 Review of the camera Flash and other flashes on line before you decide what you purchase.  There are some built in features on the NEX flash hot shoe which require specific sony flash or adaptors to get the most out of the camera and flash.

Bob Austin's gear list:Bob Austin's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EOS 6D +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow