Started Jul 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
idillic
Regular MemberPosts: 122Gear list
Like?
DP2M + Pentax 645D shot comparison
Jul 27, 2013

Below are the same picture taken hand held with two cameras - my DP2 Merrill & a Pentax 645D with a 55mm lens.    The 35mm focal length equivalent of the cameras is about 45 & 44mm respectively.The exposures are pretty similar, both taken at 200 iso, both with the natural or standard settings & auto white balance. Both raw images processed unsharpened - that was done lightly in photoshop.

I thought it would be interesting to see them together.  The DP2M lens is second to none, the pentax 55m is ok. (the 75 & 120 are much sharper).  The colour from the Pentax is almost lifelike and once in Lightroom there is so much more that can be done with its file, that I can with a tiff from a Sigma.

But the DP2M punches so far above its price range, it still amazes me.

I hope some find it interesting. (Both JPEGS were compressed prior to uploading)

Sigma DP2M

Pentax 645D+55mm

idillic's gear list:idillic's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Pentax 645D Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +8 more
Pentax 645D Sigma DP2 Sigma DP2 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow