Started Jul 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,623Gear list
Like?
Re: Why I love my D200
In reply to Trevor G, Jul 26, 2013

Trevor G wrote:

mistermejia wrote:

Stacey, maybe you should give Trevor a break and give him a couple of days/weeks to match your D200 output with the D7000

I don't have a D7000. I have a D700.

Trevor, i do admire your positive attitude and that is a good thing, and i swear that if you do match your D7000 to the D200, i will take back everything that i have said and i will go out and RE-BUY the D7000. Please don't forget the write down all the procedures you are working on during this process

I can approximately match samples from two different posters so far, by reducing the exposure of their over-exposed D7000 images by 0.3EV.

That means that the two D200 users who responded with images have not been shooting their D7000s accurately. An over-exposed image, even by just 0.3EV, will always look inferior to a correctly exposed one.

One last time, here is my origonal D200 image along side a second D7000 image that was exposed -.3EV below the first one you keep saying over and over is "-.3 over exposed' and we simply don't know how to operate a camera. Do these look the same to you? IMHO it still has the same saturation problems the first "over exposed" one does but in addition, simply looks flat and lifeless now.

If these look the same to you, then you aren't seeing what I see in them.

It's possible that the D200 does produce lovely images which users absolutely adore. It's also possible that, for some reason I have not yet worked out, some D7000 users don't know about or use the onboard histogram tool and just expect the metering to produce perfect results every time.

See above and again stop throwing insults at the people who don't agree with you.

Stacey_K and John Moyer are welcome to enjoy their D200s for ever. If they claim they are superior in some way to later cameras, and supply flawed images to prove that, then I understand that I am permitted to challenge them on those claims.

See above, lowering the exposure -.3EV below the sample that was "over exposed .3EV" doesn't make them look the same, yet you keep repeating this over and over and over. -They don't match simply lowering the exposure- as you repeatedly have claimed. I'm not sure why you keep saying this when looking at the sample images I have uploaded at your request out of the camera that are at the exposure you requested show this isn't factual.

This is a public forum - it does not belong to D200 fans.

PS It's also OK for people to be D200 fans. I am not against them.

I'm not a "d200 fan". I've just starting using one so it's not like I have some long love affair with it. I'm not happy that the camera I actually prefer using, the D7000, doesn't work as well in bight sunlight at base iso as this older model does. I don't like I now feel I have to deal with 2 camera bodies given the D7000 is so much better in lower/warmer light situations. But I'm not going to pretend this isn't the case either.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow