Anyone use an F-Stop Kanti backpack?

Started Jul 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
sjprintz
Regular MemberPosts: 382Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone use an F-Stop Kanti backpack?
In reply to ARB1, Jul 26, 2013

I just purchased a Kenti and received it this week. I have not taken it on an outing yet, but it's an extrmely well made backpack and is quite comfortable. It will hold a D800 with a 70-200mm F2.8 attached. Mind you, it is a tight fit, but it needs to be so that when you open the side compartment, the camera stays put.

In addition, I can still hold two lenses, a flash and my iPad. The bag packs well and is VERY comfortable to carry. I also bought the rain cover just in case, although their tech support said that the bag really does not need the cover. However, why take a chance with all that equipment if you know what I mean.

The straps can also hold a tripod on the side. However, it would block the access to one side opening. I bought the small gatekeepers to attach a tripod to the middle of the bag, but I think that was unnecessary as the bag balances better with the weight of the tripod on the side opposite my D800.

The Guru looks good too. The advantage of the Guru is that it uses their "ICU"s so you can change out how much storage for camera stuff if you are on a trip. However, access to your camera is thru the back panel which is difficult for quick access but better if you are worried about security.

In sum, if you want better access, get the Kenti. If you want the ICU system, then get the Guru. Neither bag looks like a camera bag, especially if you buy the blue or foliage green.

I do think you will be pleased with either bag and they offer a 45 day return period.

SJP

sjprintz's gear list:sjprintz's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow