Started Jul 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fhibbs12
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
Sigma 35 1.4 Art Series
Jul 26, 2013

Well my Nikkor 85 1.8, which appears to be tack sharp from 1.8 up, was looking for a partner in crime.

Well, this little beauty in the sigma art series came out and I was thinking perfect match!!!!! Well not so much, too high expectations, shooting technique, or just plain issues with it have arrised. Therefore, I am here looking for help!!!!!!

I wanted 2 primes for walk around street photos. I am on FX and was using the 85 and 50 1.8 g and realized they were just way to close together in focal length and I was wasting the 50.

What are some basic tests I can run on the sigma to test for issues? Also, take this for granted, 35 is starting to step me into wider angels which I have never been before.

For istance, anything past 20-25 meters seems to get rather soft. However, when less than 2 meters away the thing appears to cut you if you look at it wrong! I guess that is my question..... Is that typical of lenses as they get wider they softer at distances?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow