The new Nexus 7

Started Jul 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
mosswings
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,760Gear list
Like?
Re: The new Nexus 7
In reply to Jeff Peterman, Jul 26, 2013

Jeff Peterman wrote:

The preview of the new Nexus 7 looks interesting: http://connect.dpreview.com/post/1397955347/nexus-7-tablet-for-photographers

However, to me, unless it has a MicroSD slot (to hold more files) and an OTG port (to connect to thumb drives and cameras), I'll pass.

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman, Moderator 7D and Phone/Tablet forums.
Not a staff member, or paid employee, of DPReview.
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com

I understand the reticence...on the other hand, the 7" and 8" competition that DOES have a uSD slot doesn't have as good a spec sheet or screen.  When you get into the 10" format, things start looking better.  And the Nexus 7 is OTG compatible, it just may not be full USB Host supporting...though we'll have to find that out in a few days. In any case, Nexus Media Importer solves most of those hard-wired interconnection problems.

As for me, a wireless hub/reader satisfies my need for photo backup, and 32GB is usually more than enough for me to store all my travel guides and whatever image files and programs I need to edit if I can move files between the HDD and onboard storage as needed. Of course, it also means carrying an outboard HDD setup, but then I shoot RAW and would have to use multiple 64GB uSD cards to store all that I shoot on a trip.

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow