Hummingbirds with K-5IIs and DA*300

Started Jul 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
BudOhio
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,135Gear list
Like?
Brian
In reply to BrianC, Jul 26, 2013

BrianC wrote:

We miss you around here! And, what a great opportunity for you having a nest within reach.

Love the one of the little guy on the leaf..........

I discovered Black & Blue Salvia last year and the Hummers love it......I put out a couple more plants and I seem to be having more activity this year.

Don't be a stranger and keep posting..........

I NEVER tire of Hummingbirds........

-- hide signature --

Brian

Hey...thanks for the welcome back!

Yeah, the nest thing was really cool..AND...they often return to the same nest the following year

Salvia Guaranitica 'Black and Blue' is an awesome plant and has been a perennial for me here.  I have onbe in my front yard that's about 4 feet wide and 5 feet tall just getting into full bloom now.  The salvos 'Amistad' that I posted the shot of, is a guaranitica hybrid from Argentina..another nice plant and the purple is very photogenic

I'll try to stay in touch here on the forum on a more regular basis.  I'll certainly have more hummingbird pics  

Thanks again for the very kind comments.

Bud

-- hide signature --

Bud
Southwest Ohio
www.pbase.com/budohio
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/budhensley
WSSA Member #209PX

BudOhio's gear list:BudOhio's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RonNew
LeoNew
AlanNew
PhilNew
PhilNew
MikeNew
TomNew
MikeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow