A58/A57 raw 800iso

Started Jul 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
artlmntl
Contributing MemberPosts: 795
Like?
Re: A58/A57 raw 800iso
In reply to sybersitizen, Jul 25, 2013

sybersitizen wrote:

Afterwards he described two files that were treated equally, so I looked at those. There is a difference with the A58 shot looking much better, but the difference seems too large... and there was at least one difference in the way the two samples were photographed. I don't think it's wise to come to final judgment on the real life advantage of the A58's image quality based on this or any other single comparison. A wider sampling of comparisons will eventually clear the air.

I'm not convinced there is a wide difference.

I've done my level best to examine the expert reviews and materials that are out there. I think there is an incremental difference in overall image detail due to the higher mp of the a58 sensor. We should be able to print a bit larger or crop in and get a little more back; but we may pay for that in image noise at higher iso.

I also agree that the new jpg engine does a very good job making the pictures look pretty. That's welcome for people who don't want to process RAW. I just don't think we're seeing a huge jump in sensor performance with this camera.

I wonder if the gains are worth the price in video quality, shooting speed, LCD quality, incompatible hotshoe, etc. I guess it only matters if you actually use those things.

-- hide signature --

Hunter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow