Nikon 10-22mm f3.5-56 or Tokina 11-16mm f2.8?

Started Jul 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Wade Tregaskis
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
Re: Nikon 10-22mm f3.5-56 or Tokina 11-16mm f2.8?
In reply to io_bg, Jul 25, 2013

10-24mm review

11-16mm review

Huh, that's weird.  I had seen DxOmark's measurements, which at the wide end of these two are basically opposite to what Photozone's review shows.  Photozone seems to reckon the Nikon is sharper in the centre pretty much all the time but softer in the corners.  DxOmark unilaterally disagrees.

My own 10-24 is noticeably soft in the corners, but I don't think nearly as much as these Photozone reviews claim (but conversely I'm not entirely convinced it's as good in those corners as DxOmark claims).

I hope they test the latter on a D7000 as well although I doubt there'll be a significant difference from the 50D review.

I have to wonder if there's something to that.  I've seen before that comparing off-brand lenses on Canon vs Nikon gives unpredictable results.  It makes no sense to me, since one would presume that the bulk of the lens - and certainly the optics - is exactly the same between mounts, but, perhaps not?

Now I'm going to have to try to borrow the new model Tokina 11-16 and test it out for myself.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow