Started 9 months ago | User reviews thread
edu T
Senior MemberPosts: 1,090Gear list
Like?
Re: Serious G15 bugs: the 20%-skewed photos issue
In reply to travelwalk, 9 months ago

travelwalk wrote:

. . .

Every so often I would take a carefully composed photo, and the the result would the a picture skewed up or down by about 20%, from what was shown in the viewfinder when I clicked the shutter. It turns out that you can carefully click the shutter, wait for the screen to go dark and the shutter sounds to complete, but apparently the camera has still not captured the image. I found I had to wait and hold the camera steady for a couple of seconds or so (...)

Interesting.

At least at first sight, it looks like shutter lag, a time basically spent on focus hunting. (I wonder if you noticed the issue more often in low light situations?) On the other hand, I don't guess how come the shutter (synthetic) sounds completed prematurely. Gonna do some tests later.

I'd suggest you experiment either with half-pressing the shutter button and then shoot at the green light/AF beep or with locking focus earlier, during the process of composing (when it fits almost naturally, especially if you assign the "S" button to AF-lock).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow