I want a better kit lens for travel...where to go?, please no primes...

Started Jul 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
acahaya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,016Gear list
Like?
Re: I want a better kit lens for travel...where to go?, please no primes...
In reply to JMaldonado01, Jul 25, 2013

i Know but currently do not own the 12-35, i own a 12-50 and several versions of the 14-42 kit lens and i usually compare those lenses to the FT 14-54 and 12-60, sadly the latter are still superior to all mFT zooms i know.

In my opinion the 12-50 is underrated due to slow speed and the quality of the copies seems to vary. Maybe i have a good one but i do not hesitate to use it as a walkaround and travel lens, was in Rome last week and very happy. I like the way the lens renders images but YMMV. If you gan find a used one for 150-200$, go and get it but do not buy the full price for a new one.

Another idea is the 9-18, which imo is a perfect lens for walking in cities. It is not as good for environmental portraits due to wa. I used it with a 14-150 as a travel lns combo (for whatever reason it ended in my hubby's photobag). This is a very versatile combination, especially if you want to use the full range between 14-150 but rarely have the time to change lenses.

-- hide signature --

acahaya's gear list:acahaya's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow