Started Jul 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hendrixx
Forum MemberPosts: 98
Like?
Nikkor vs. Sigma
Jul 25, 2013

I've been dreaming of a FX body for some while now and I just might be fulfilling that desire with the D600 in the next couple weeks.

I'll be upgrading from the D5100 with its 18-55 kit lens. Although I've used a D80 with its kit 18-135 a lot as well.

I shoot landscape, portraits, animals....a bit of everything and I want a good all around lens and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the 24-70 2.8.

Now I'm trying to decide between the Sigma and the Nikkor. The Nikkor being about 1000$ more expensive has me leaning towards the Sigma but then again I'm reading a lot of mixed reviews on the Sigma. What do you guys say? Is it worth the 8-900 bucks? Will it give me as good photos as the Nikkor? Or should I just go the whole mile and buy the Nikkor?

If money was no problem I would go with the Nikkor without asking questions but saving 1000 dollars and be able to spend it on SB700, a bag and some memory cards would mean a lot to me in these days

What do you guys say? So many experienced people here. Would love to get some comments on this. Any of you compared these two lenses? ..Maybe I should be considering a third option? etc...

Thanks!

Nikon D5100 Nikon D600 Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow