First Studio Shoot (Looking for Honest C&C so feel free to tear me apart on this one)

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
RichyjV
Regular MemberPosts: 375
Like?
Re: Group reply and how I lit it
In reply to Albino_BlacMan, Jul 25, 2013

I like the lying down ones. In general the face skin looks just a little textureless. Against a light background, contrast becomes very important in giving shape to features and stopping the image looking flat. I also liked shooting on black backgrounds when I started out to give me a stronger feel of the shape of the light over bone structure, before bringing it back to light backgrounds.. in fairness white background does nothing for me at all unless its a clothes shoot or a close up beauty shot.. I'm not really sure what this shot is. Go strongly for something: if its the clothes/story/style then really show it. If its beauty then get in closer on some shots and make her eyes/lips/whatever look fantastic.

But keep trying and experimenting, if you have some models who are happy to work with you then nothing is better than getting those first shoots under your belt in lower pressure environments

-- hide signature --

Regards
Rich

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow