What would you buy, 1 or 2?

Started Jul 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Oly E10
Contributing MemberPosts: 530Gear list
Like?
Re: What would you buy, 1 or 2?
In reply to Franzl, Jul 25, 2013

Franzl wrote:

I come from an E-5, actually I had 3 Oly bodies and a dozen lenses which I all ditched when Oly discontinued classic FT.

I changed to an X100s and a complete X-Pro1 setup.

I would prefer the X-Pro1 because of:

1) OVF ( I only use the EVF when fotographing macro, otherwise 100% OVF, which is a major reason I bought into Fuji.)

2) Size. (some lenses - 14mm, 18/55 and the new 55-200 are quite big and those lenses on the X-E1 feel not in balance)

3) Size again, the X-Pro1 has almost exactly the same dimensions as the Contax G2 which I used to have. When I need a small package I can use the X100s

X-E1 has an inbuild flash which could be usefull for you but I aim for available light whenever possible ( have a very small fuji flash just in case)

With the latest firmware the E1 and the Pro are on the same level.

wish you success in your decision, either choice will provide you with an excellent tool so you can't go wrong here.

-- hide signature --

Regards, FranZ
'The question is not what you look at, but what you see' - Thoreau

FranZ,I have a collection of Olympus gear, just love the E5 and 14-35mm f2, and have no desire

to part with them, but as I said I do want something a little less "straining" on my poor old body.

at times. Fuji seems like a good viable supplement to Olympus.

I'll take a run down to my local camera store and size out Fuji this coming weekend.

Thanks for your views.

Peter in Canada.

Oly E10's gear list:Oly E10's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-35mm 1:2.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 150mm 1:2.0 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow