Forum ProPosts: 21,223
Like?
Re: The question is...
In reply to SubPrime, 9 months ago

SubPrime wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

SubPrime wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

I would not think a Canon "rep" (aka salesman) would know what Canon Japan has inside their R&D shelter.

She did know about some lenses on the horizon and was deliberately vague about responding to those questions, so clearly they do.

What is about to be announced and what's in the R&D shelter in Japan are different things!

How do you know the lenses we asked about were about to be announced?

The fact is that she was adamant there was no high res body in Canon's road map, becasue according to her, Canon had decided it was not their market.

That is so hilarious.  Canon owned the high pixel count 35mm dSLR market from 2002 through 2007.  They aren't going to "give up" on it calling it not their market.  They announced a working aps-h image sensor about 2 years ago that was 120 MP.  Canon is certainly working on something big to be their flagship camera again.  It seems they want to get it right and make it big and not do the 38 MP.

Again, I am only reporting what I was told.

And salesmen want to sell what they have in stock too.  So many times in a store I've been told "I have that one at home and it is great" (about the model I'm looking at). hahaha!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
trueNew
Ah!New
Eh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow