sony a57 vs nikon d7000

Started Jul 24, 2013 | Questions thread
tjwaggoner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,032Gear list
Like?
Re: sony a57 vs nikon d7000
In reply to Haps18, Jul 24, 2013

The nikon 7000 is a great camera but unless you think you need a camera made out of metal with a top LCD and more external controls, I'd go with the a57 and spend money on lenses. You'll get more use out of a good camera with some really fine glass on it I think. Rather than have a more expensive body with a travel zoom (a good one I realize but still). Use the left over $1000 and buy a good fast zoom or a couple fast primes and your Sony will be shooting at a lot lower ISO than the nikon with the slower tamron
Nikon is a more complete system probably and the SLT design of the a57 is at the end of its life probably. So those are considerations too.
But with your budget, I'd strongly suggest spending more on good lenses than a body that costs a lot due to features that honestly very few people need in a camera.
--
Constructive Criticism is always welcome, however please understand that I am not a pixel peeper.

tjwaggoner's gear list:tjwaggoner's gear list
Olympus E-10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Canon EOS 100D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow